Welcome to my Blog!

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sunday, Sunday!!!!!

Hi!!!! Nice, Quiet Sunday here.... well, almost....... got the former crack kitty in heat........... for the past week!! will be glad when Wednesday gets here and she goes in for her little snip and becomes an IT! Poor Mindy!! (I think she'll probably actually be a happy kitty). I don't know if I mentioned how I got Miss Mindy... but I work for a community outreach program, as an RN, for persons afflicted with chronic and persistent mental illness. They're pretty incapacitated people, the majority don't work and are reliant upon Social Security as their means of income. Anyhow, one of the clients became involved with the wrong people, even more destitute than he, and became a crack addict........... he had some pretty intense health issues as well that became pretty compromised as a result of his addiction........ We tried everything in order to get him to clean up to no avail..... finally we had to place him in a rest home and I got the kitty (she pictured in the blog with some of my WIP's).... She's really very sweet, hid for a month under my bed when I first brought her home. poor little thing...... the client never had her fixed........... she is going out of her mind and driving us out of ours! But, that all changes Wednesday....... So....... Hey, I actually got one of my projects finished today. the Bejeweled Scarf.(Dutchie, our Min-Pin is modeling it)..... I really liked working on it............. if I can say so myself came out quite nicely. See below....... Oh, and hmmm...... I tried the little trick of boiling a sweater in vinegar to reverse the felting process...... I read about it in the Winter issue of Knit 1........... I had knit a Icelandic sweater out of Cashmerino (Debbie Bliss) and one of my little darlings washed and dried it............. could've killed them............. anyway, it is now drying on a towel.... flat............ seems to have worked.......... we'll see.......... the other option was the hair conditioner............ which I can always try next.

As for my running.. Hmmmm ran 2.5 miles yesterday. felt pretty good. no asthma related problems.. Called the pulmo-doc the other day and asked for a different steroid inhaler....... the new one seems to be working (could be placebo effect, who knows). I see him Wednesday. I also got a new exercise program to go with the Pilates and the Tae-Bo.......... Yoga, Booty, Ballet...... It's actually quite fun.......... I did the Hip-Hop Abs workout this morning and found myself sweating profusely. It really kept me busy enough that my ADHD was entertained as well.

Oh well, that's about all...... started my other sock which I will work on while watching the Pats/Chargers game............. Only other thing going through my head is I am thinking of buying a spinning wheel..... anyone got any ideas which to get?

No comments:

Dutchie modeling my finished Bejeweled Scarf

Dutchie modeling my finished Bejeweled Scarf

Bejeweled Scarf in Sublime Mohair

Bejeweled Scarf in Sublime Mohair
So, here is the start of my Bejeweled scarf. I'm kind of on a deadline, trying to finish it for a lunch meeting Wednesday afternoon with a good friend. Hopefully, I can getting it done. I started it yesterday during the Patriots/ Jets game and during all my cleaning frenzy.

K2,P2 sock #1 in jojoba/ aloe yarn

K2,P2 sock #1 in jojoba/ aloe yarn
The yarn I am using to make these socks is sooooo yummy!!!! feels great on the hands.... it's from Germany... it's got jojoba and aloe in it...... can't wait to finish them so that my feet can be treated as well!

Mindy w/ K2 P2 cap in progress for son Seth

Mindy w/ K2 P2 cap in progress for son Seth
This I am just poking around with in Classic Wool by Patons. it's for my 10 year old son. With this El Nino pattern of weather I wo der if he'll need it?

Cardi from Fall Knitscene in progress

Cardi from Fall Knitscene in progress
This cardi is coming out nicely, if I can say so myself. They use a bright, almost kelly green yarn in the mag issue, the color of the Debbie Bliss yarn I have is like a pumpkin color. I really like it! The pattern itself is easy to memorize.

FUN STUFF!

Just for kicks and giggles