Welcome to my Blog!

Monday, January 8, 2007

Glorious Monday!!! :>)

Glorious Monday! Hmm..... Well, I'm home from work today. Not exactly by choice. My 17-year-old daughter, got into a car accident this morning. Rear-ended someone on her way to school not even a mile away from home. Roads were wet, it was just beginning to get light out, you know all the conditions ripe for an inexperienced driver, to become victim to. Noone was hurt, fortunately. "I'm so dead, Mom! My father is going to kill Me!" (Dad and I are divorced d/t substance abuse and other issues I need not get into. let's just say it took me 17 years to figure out I had a voice and a right to be a person and not a belonging). Anyway, my reply to DD, "Nah, Cancer didn't get you, Daddy won't either!". Apryl's a leukemia survivor, diagnosed at the age of 7 in 1997. Anyway, she was so shaken I called into work. So, here I am..... blogging, and knitting and blogging...but it gave me the prime opp to take the pics and upload them for my WIP's. See below.

No comments:

Dutchie modeling my finished Bejeweled Scarf

Dutchie modeling my finished Bejeweled Scarf

Bejeweled Scarf in Sublime Mohair

Bejeweled Scarf in Sublime Mohair
So, here is the start of my Bejeweled scarf. I'm kind of on a deadline, trying to finish it for a lunch meeting Wednesday afternoon with a good friend. Hopefully, I can getting it done. I started it yesterday during the Patriots/ Jets game and during all my cleaning frenzy.

K2,P2 sock #1 in jojoba/ aloe yarn

K2,P2 sock #1 in jojoba/ aloe yarn
The yarn I am using to make these socks is sooooo yummy!!!! feels great on the hands.... it's from Germany... it's got jojoba and aloe in it...... can't wait to finish them so that my feet can be treated as well!

Mindy w/ K2 P2 cap in progress for son Seth

Mindy w/ K2 P2 cap in progress for son Seth
This I am just poking around with in Classic Wool by Patons. it's for my 10 year old son. With this El Nino pattern of weather I wo der if he'll need it?

Cardi from Fall Knitscene in progress

Cardi from Fall Knitscene in progress
This cardi is coming out nicely, if I can say so myself. They use a bright, almost kelly green yarn in the mag issue, the color of the Debbie Bliss yarn I have is like a pumpkin color. I really like it! The pattern itself is easy to memorize.

FUN STUFF!

Just for kicks and giggles